
Jessie J has postponed a concert tour after revealing she will undergo a second operation as part of her breast cancer treatment.
The 37-year-old singer, whose full name is Jessica Cornish, announced her diagnosis in June when she began treatment.
In a video posted on Instagram on Thursday, she said: “Unfortunately, I have to have a second surgery, nothing too serious, but it has to be done before the end of the year, and unfortunately that falls right in the middle of a tour that I had booked.”
Jessie J had been due to perform in the UK and Europe in October and in the US in November. She said the UK and Europe dates would be rescheduled to April 2026, while the US tour had been cancelled.
“So that is what it is, and I’m sorry,” she said. “I feel frustrated and sad … I need to be better, I need to be healed, and I know this is the right decision to make.”
At the time of her diagnosis, she said she decided to speak about it publicly to help her process the news and to show solidarity with others.
Jessie J has faced serious health challenges in her life. She was diagnosed with a heart condition aged eight, suffered a minor stroke at 18, and temporarily lost her hearing in 2020.
In 2023, she gave birth to her son, Sky Safir Cornish Colman, after a miscarriage in November 2021.
The singer-songwriter has topped the UK singles chart three times with Domino, Price Tag and Bang Bang.
In 2011, she won four Mobo awards, including best UK act and best album for Who You Are, and the Brit award for rising star. She was nominated for a Grammy in 2015 for her collaboration with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj on Bang Bang.
